We invite you to join this important Webinar where we hear the struggles and the strategies of the migrant farmworkers.
This is scheduled on Friday, July 3rd at
16.00-17.30 CET [h15 GMT+1; h10 EDT] on the topic: Migrant Farmworkers: Organising and Resisting before, during and after Covid-19.
This is the link to register:
- Alagie Jinkang, Ikenga and University of Palermo (Italy)
- Bridget Henderson, UNITE (UK)
- Gerardo Reyes Chavez, Coalition of Immokalee Workers (USA)
- Carlos Marentes, La Via Campesina (USA)
- Vasanthi Venkatesh, Justicia/University of Windsor (Canada)
By sharing the experiences of farmworkers and organisers in a number of important national contexts, we hope to highlight the non-exceptional nature of what happened during the COVID-19 pandemic and to spark a conversation about the local and international strategies that could be adopted to challenge the political, legal and economic structures that result in farmworkers’ subordination.